The number of people taking part in dance classes world wide is increasing, with dance allowing people to be more active, socialise within local communities and develope creative skills. Dance also offers an activity for people who may not consider themselves as ‘sporty’. The benefit of dance is not only that of increased exercise, but the participation in an art form, which is routed in technique, and giving the opportunity for a creative outlet.
Ten reasons to participate
- Dance keeps both the body and the brain active, vital for people of every age
- Dance offers a way to improve strength and flexibility, which helps keeps muscles and joints healthy
- Choosing to start a new hobby can help you meet new people and make friends with people who have similar interests
- Dance helps you learn about your body, improving your posture and balance
- Taking time out in the day to partake in a hobby can help to reduce stress levels
- Dance can offer insight into other cultures, either through the dance style itself or meeting new people
- Dance can lead to new career opportunities, or help build vital communications skills needed in every profession
- Participating in dance can help increase your self esteem and confidence through mastering new skills
- Dance offers a creative outlet for people to express their personalities in a safe environment
- Dance is a fun way open up new possibilities, keep healthy and enjoy yourself
There are no current or upcoming courses available. Please check back again!