NURSE AIDE FOR HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATION
Nurse Aide Classroom/Clinicals
NURSE AIDE FOR HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONS I
(NURA 1001 & 1060)
This course will prepare the student for an entry level nursing assistant to achieve a level of knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to provide basic care to residents. Content includes residents’ rights, communication, safety, observation, reporting and assisting residents in maintaining basic comfort and safety. Clinical is practical instruction with close and/or direct supervision provided by the clinical professional (faculty or preceptor), generally in a clinical setting. Clinical education is an unpaid learning experience. This is a direct patient contact course. The State of Texas Exam in skills and written competency will be scheduled online by the student at the cost of $85.50 once the program is complete. Students will have the opportunity to do this on the last day of clinicals. No high school diploma or GED required.
Tuition includes: Liability insurance and background check.
Instructor: Erika Ortiz
Total 114 hours/11.4 CEUs.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Photo ID or Driver's License, and Social Security Card – names must be exactly the same on both
- Copy of CPR Certification – within past 2 years
- Copy of Immunizations: All immunizations must be complete prior to registration.
Tetanus (Td or Tdap) - within last 10 years
MMR - must have 2 shots if born after 1957
Varicella (chicken pox) - 2 doses required
Hepatitis B series - must have all 3 shots
Tuberculosis (TB) test (negative result) - within last 12 months
- Pass background check
- Required uniform: set of scrubs (hunter green), watch with second hand, tennis shoes
- Textbook Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care Basics 3rd Ed.
- Blood Pressure Cuff & Stethoscope Set
Locations for classes and clinical:
Midland College Advanced Technology Center (ATC) Room 119
3200 W. Cuthbert, Midland (432-681-6338)
Manor Park Nursing Facility
2208 N Loop 250 W, Midland (432-699-3401)
|HN19164Q||Aug 7 - 31||8:30 am - 3:00 pm|
|Advanced Technology Center Room 119|
|*66 CLASSROOM HOURS AT ATC 48 CLINICAL HOURS AT MANOR PARK (COURSE #HN20164Q)||114.0 Hours|