CPR – AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT
American Heart Association affiliated Health Care Provider Course: adult, infant, and child/one rescuer; adult, infant, and child/foreign body airway obstruction; adult/two rescuer; mouth-to-mask ventilation. A completion card is issued to each student who obtains a minimum score of 80% on the written evaluation and successfully return-demonstrates the steps outlined on the skill performance sheets delineated in the instructor’s Manual for Basic Life Support. No prerequisites. Instructor is AHA qualified. Location: Advanced Technology Center Rm 212. Total 4 hours/.04 CEUs
Here are a few tips/reminders for the day of the class:
1. Please park in the back parking lot at the ATC building (3200 W. Cuthbert). The class will be in Room 119. All other doors will be locked.
2. Please allow for plenty of travel time and arrive at least 10 minutes early. Class will begin promptly at 9:00 am and end by 1:00 pm
3. Wear comfortable, modest clothing. No low-cut shirts, open side tank tops, or too-short shorts. Long hair should be tied back for practice and skills testing.
4. You will be given the option to buy a book when you arrive for class. The cost is $20. It is not mandatory, but it is available if you choose to purchase one.
5. Participation is required for course completion. If you are physically unable to perform the skills, with reasonable accommodations, you may not receive a certification card.
6. Those successfully completing the written test will be given a CPR card from the instructor on the day of the class.
7. Electronic and printed books are available for purchase (if desired) at: www.PermianBasinCPR.com.