Advanced Right of Way Training / Instructor Donald D. Valden - Registration Closes at Noon on 11/22/17
This “boots on the ground” one on one live training workshop session with instructor Don Valden outlines the advanced concepts of “In the Field Right of Way” and utility acquisitions with easements across private and commercial land. Participants will physically walk the right of way and well site locations. This will provide a visual understanding of the in depth day to day functions of a right of way agent working in the oil and gas shale plays and the Permian Basin.
Pre-requisites to attend – Complete first course, “Right of Way Acquisitions Training,” or 1 year experience as a right of way agent. Closed toe shoes, no sneakers or high heel shoes.
Main Topics: 2 hours in the Classroom
- Project Planning – is creating a game plan for acquiring right of way
- Route Selection – when selecting the best location for the pipeline
- Document Preparation – to prepare the necessary easement and various forms for a project
- Land Title Research – steps to researching who are the surface landowners across the route
- Negotiations and Procedures – acquire the pipeline or utility routes from the landowner
- Compensation – purchasing the right of way based on the value of the land
- Road Crossing Permits
- Acquiring Surface Sites
- Oil & Gas Well Connects
- Condemnation Process & Procedures
- Pipeline Construction
Topics: 6 hours in the field
- Walking the right of way
- Viewing Above Ground Valve Sites
- Viewing Above Ground Compressor Sites
- Viewing Well Site Locations
- Viewing Road and Water Way Crossings
- Viewing Existing Right of Ways
- Viewing Road Crossing Permits
- Viewing Surface Sites
- Viewing Oil & Gas Well Connects
- Viewing Pipeline Construction (if available)
Don D. Valden is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of ARWA, Inc. – America Right of Way Acquisitions & Survey. He is a respected businessman and entrepreneur in both the Real Estate and the Oil and Gas/Energy industries. Since 1980, after graduating from the Texas Real Estate Institute and Tarrant County Junior College where he received his Associates degree in Business/Marketing, Don worked as a Right of Way Consultant for some of the largest energy companies in the world such as Koch Industries, Gulf States Utilities, Southern Natural Gas, Devon Energy and EOG Resources.
Don had a vision to share and teach his knowledge in the industry and wanted to provide a way for individuals and the men & women in his community to obtain the right of way acquisition positions in their hometown to become the next generation of future right of way agents. He began a strategic plan to develop a curriculum specific to the energy industry and founded the American Right of Way Academy.
With the development of the Shale Plays prior to Barnett Shale, Don acquired over 35 years’ experience in the oil & gas/energy industry in various aspects of the industry including Project Management, Land Survey & Engineering plays & profiles, Pipeline Route Studies, Petroleum Pipelines, Natural Gas Pipelines, Chemical Pipelines, Jet Fuel Pipelines, High Voltage Transmission Lines, Utility and Roadway Widening.
Early in Don’s career, he founded a Real Estate Mortgage Investment Company, published a monthly foreclosure listing service in four Texas counties, owned a comedy and magic club, and was a professional boxing promoter in Texas. It was at no surprise when the Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce recognized and awarded Mr. Valden the 2012 Businessman of the year.
Mr. Valden not only shared his vision, goals and purpose, he was inspired to provide opportunity to those wanting a career in the energy industry.
|G052171Q||Nov 30||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|PPDC Building, 105 W. Illinois, Midland, TX|
|Registered: 3||8.0 Hours|